Montag, 6. Juli 2009

Réflexions sur l'art/l'etre/peut-etre actuel

(click to enlarge and read)
Some post-Paris thoughts and impressions. I used magazines found in Paris and some prints of photos taken there. (I also still had some tiny prints of Jean-Poil, but I guess 4 more cats on there would have been too much.) Well, the woman is not only in the main focus of the collage, she reflects this strange, feminist zeal in me which has been growing in the past months... Alison Bechdel's Dykes and Sarah Waters' interview, several incidents on the street, the exposition Elles at Centre Pompidou... well, it's all around. Many times I've started to laugh when I caught myself thinking in this oh-so-strange and unfamiliar revolutionary way...
:) see, this is what I mean. To see these sentences actually written down does not make them seem a lot less ridiculous than in my head. And yet- why not just try out? See where these impulses will lead me to? Collage-making really fits together with this idea nicely. It is so difficult to find or make anything completely new, it seems a lot of times that the only possible way to be creative in all this mess is to re-use things, re-model old roles and ideas. This is what a collage allows you to do: Work with gathered impressions and materials to eventually shape them into something completely new. Playing with little parts and pieces and memories and feminisms.
Voila: Reflexions sur l'art/ l'etre/ peut-etre actuel.
(Je suis une femme/ pour le meilleur/ sans doute bien cherche./ Dans la tete / Dans mon coeur)

2 Kommentare: